Dose of Optimism

The Heavenly Father had enlightened and empowered me today. He made me see my current situation in a different light – a more optimistic and enthusiastic perspective. Law school and the adjustment in terms of study habit that it entails had made me really lonely for the past week. Although I maintained a smiley outside facade, I was actually hopeless inside. I don’t know what exactly transpired. I just felt lighter. Perhaps, God carried the burden I was carrying on my behalf. He lifted my worries, and filled my heart with the Grace of His love.


While my sanity permits optimism, I promised myself that I will embrace law school with all my heart, body, and soul. I will absorb anything that it will throw at me with a fervent spirit. From now on, I will not hesitate to sacrifice sleep whenever situations call for it; I will not be scared of humiliation or embarrassment; I will not allow my fear of failure hinder me from taking a necessary step no matter how risky it may be; I will not think less of myself; and most especially, I will not abandon my ambitions just because of seemingly impossible challenges. I want to be a lawyer and I am certain that I am going to be one. I just have to take one letter of the word ATTORNEY, one semester at a time.

With this optimism and self-actualizing thoughts overflowing me right now, I want to reaffirm the promise I made in a retreat I attended last December. “I shall leave behind my comfort zone. I shall stop not believing in myself. I shall stop not appreciating my strengths. I shall carry with me courage – to take risks, form new relationships, and widen my circle of friends – and humility – to remind me that I would constantly need the Lord’s guidance and other people’s support. So help me God."

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...